Outreach Work at Springfield School
What does Springfield Outreach Include?
The Outreach Service at Springfield School provides specialist support and advice on Special Educational Needs to, mainstream Primary and Secondary schools.
The key aims of our service include:
- To advise and support different interventions and strategies for pupils with a range of special educational needs
- Multi-agency working, to ensure all professionals are working towards the same goals
- Observe pupils in their setting and offer advice to support staff
- Support and advise on behaviour strategies
- Deliver a bespoke support package
- Support in the setting of targets
- Devise an initial support programme
- Evaluate and establish next steps
- Written reports for school use
- Opportunities for staff to spend time in Springfield School to help support their own practice
- Offer Stay & Play sessions for SEN pupils and their families
Our outreach workers can be accessed through the referral form on the school website.
- Attending annual reviews
- Writing reports for EHCP's
- Advising parents on specialist provision
- Making judgement on a child's SEN needs
- Making decisions for schools on a change of setting
Mrs Farida Begum
Mrs Rachel Ibbotson