Would you like a new challenge in an outstanding Special School for students and pupils between the ages of 4-19 with a range of Special Educational Needs in a friendly, supportive school, passionate about enhancing all aspects of education for our pupils?
Springfield school is an outstanding special school catering for pupils and young people with significant special needs. The school offers classes with a high staff / pupil ratio managed by experienced and qualified teaching and classroom support staff. The school operates 18 classes and for organisational purposes is divided into Primary Department and Secondary Department including the Sixth Form.
Due to expansion we have the following opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join our outstanding school commencing September 2019:
Qualified Teacher for Primary Department – NQT’s welcome to apply
MPS / UPS + SEN 1 - Full time
All of our pupils have Education Health Care Plans indicating a variety of needs, including support for their ASD and/or emotional and behavioural difficulties. We provide a broad, lively, and stimulating curriculum for our pupils. Our pupils want to be at Springfield School, it is not a place they are ‘sent’. This is crucial to the culture and success of the school
We are looking for an outstanding, enthusiastic and creative teacher to join us. You will already be:
- An outstanding classroom teacher
- Have a commitment and passion to improving the outcomes and life chances of pupils with complex special educational needs
- Have the ability to inspire and develop pupils to achieve their full potential
- Have excellent classroom management skills and is able to effectively lead a team of support assistants
- Proactive, resourceful and energetic
We can offer:
• A supportive and committed staff team
• A well-resourced and pleasant working environment
• High staff to pupil ratios
• Training opportunities to further your professional development
• A team of therapists who are on site and who actively work in partnership with the school and class teams
For job descriptions, person specification and an application form please visit the vacancies section of the school website www.springfield.cheshire.sch.uk
We expect all candidates to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Our school community places the highest priority on keeping our children safe. Applicants for all posts will be subject to stringent vetting and induction processes.
Closing Date: 15th March 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing 25th March 2019