To be a national centre of excellence in the education of children and young people who have significant learning needs.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
For pupils, staff and school stakeholders to "to exceed expectations and achieve excellence through effort".
- high expectations for pupils' to learn & achieve
- a good knowledge of how each pupil learns best
- a positive attitude towards work & to enthuse and motivate pupils
- good progress, and well being over time for all our pupil
- to appreciate and support all who work with and for our pupils
OUR SCHOOL AIMS:
- Success of all pupils is our highest priority.
- Nurturing continuous improvement in teaching & learning.
- Build on positive interdependent team work amongst all members of the school community.
- Working in partnership with other agencies / schools for the benefit of the school, its pupils and the community.
For more information about Springfield School and the Head teacher’s welcome please select the 'Our School' button
Springfield school offers;
- A pleasant, welcoming and positive learning environment.
- High pupil expectations with every opportunity for pupils to develop and achieve
- Well resourced class areas and access to specialist facilities including a multi-sensory area and hydrotherapy pool
- Computer and Information technology equipment with broadband and e-mail access in every class area
- Qualified and well experienced staff
- High adult to pupil ratio and small teaching groups
- Access to the National Curriculum subjects, complimented by a range of curriculum enrichment activities, delivered using a personalised approach to learning
- On-site specialist support services including Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational/Physiotherapy and a full-time school nurse
- A Sixth Form offering accredited pre vocational activities with support and guidance for post school options and work experience.